Saturday, January 12, 2013

1st and 2nd Grade eSpark

I was VERY fortunate to get the financial backing from my school to pilot an app called eSpark. I spent a few hours over the December break receiving PD from eSpark and rolled out the program to students Tuesday. In a nutshell eSpark provides an individual ELA learning curriculum on the iPad for each of my students and ties it to the CCS in reading. Students sign-in to their eSpark account on the app and are directed to watch specific videos and play specific third-party apps that target skills in their reading goal area.

I had to ship off my iPads on Wednesday to have third-party apps installed by eSpark so my students only had 1 day to try the program but so far they are very excited. I think they like the idea that they are each learning something different and it is created specifically for them. On the downside, we have had no iPads for most of the week and won't be able to use them again until Tuesday. On the upside, I am not loading all the apps myself (40-60 per device), that is something that eSpark does for me.

I'll keep you posted on how our journey goes with this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment