While the first graders devoted a lot of their week to Wild Things activities, 2nd graders focused on Strega Nona. They each read the first book as well as Strega Nona's Harvest.
1. Students individually completed a book report on one of the 2 books using the app Book Report.
2. They completed a variety of graphic organizers using the Tools4Students app.
3. We practiced quotes this week, learning about where quotation marks and other punctuation marks belong when characters are talking. Students created a short conversation between Strega Nona and Big Anthony using Strip Design.
4. After reading the 2 books we talked about character traits of Strega Nona and Big Anthony. Students used Popplet to highlight 4 character traits of 1 of the 2 as well as an example from the book that demonstrated that character trait.
5. We alternate practicing retell and summary. This week students used the iDiary app to summarize one of the 2 books. Generally I leave their use of iDiary open-ended, but occasionally I give them a specific topic to write and draw about.