Friday, March 9, 2012

Music creation

Generally I have a parent volunteer teach music. However, she has been out for a couple weeks. She provided me with music lessons in her absence.  In addition I have had my students play with an app called DoReMi 123 (thanks to the developers for providing me with a free copy). The app is geared toward younger children and/or students with less musical experience, more than 1/2 of my students take some type of instrument lesson.  However, they had a fantastic time.


Their 2 favorite activities were playing a game similar to Simon where they had to copy a pattern of notes played by the app and creating their own tunes. I had them create tunes and share them with each other. In addition I asked them to relate each tune with a particular feeling and place.

No comments:

Post a Comment