Saturday, March 28, 2015

Create a Holiday Activity Update

Back on March 30, 2013 I wrote about my students creating a new holiday after studying existing federal holidays. We completed this project again this year with a couple of additions. First, Epic has a number of excellent books about federal holidays. There are books in the "Celebrations in My World" series which are at an appropriate reading level for my students and there are books in the "Let's Celebrate" series for students who are reading far above grade level. I still offered students paper books, but 19 of the 21 students (reading in pairs/1 group of 3) picked digital books.

The other addition is that students created an Aurasma overlay on their holiday wall poster to link their Educreations advertisement video.

No comments:

Post a Comment