Wednesday, March 19, 2014

2nd Graders Use WeMap to Respond to Story Characters

We are working on a driving question right now in literature about "How can story characters help me learn more about myself and my friends?" So far students have read 5 pieces of realistic fiction with main characters close to their age. I asked groups of 2-3 students to use WeMap to show me what they've learned so far in an abbreviated format.

It's interesting to me how differently 2 groups approached the task. One group compared themselves to the different main characters, either seeing a similarity or difference between themselves and the character (which we'll write more about later) while another group commented on fewer situations but gave more specifics in how they were the same or different or how their friends were the same or different.




No comments:

Post a Comment