Sunday, May 11, 2014

1st and 2nd Graders Share Their Favorite Activities of the Year

We are getting ready for open house this week. I had each student create a written presentation of what they liked best in math, reading, writing, science, social studies, and "other" this year. For the other category they could choose as many activities as they wanted.

Generally I would give students freedom in their choice of apps, but we are linking the project to QR codes for open house. Since I am out 2 days before open house and I want to make things relatively stress-free I wanted an app that created a website that we could easily link to the QR code. Therefore I told them their final product had to be in My Story. Most students used just this app. Others wanted speech bubbles, so they illustrated in Drawing Pad, imported to Strip Design and wrote and then imported to My Story.

The My Story website links were then used on the qrstuff.com website to create QR codes that we printed, 1 QR code per student. These were hung on the wall, ready for parents to read when they visit later this week. Students commented on the fact that instead of printing 6 or more pieces of paper in order to show this "book", I only used 1/6 of a sheet of paper--relating back to our "taking care of the Earth" unit.





No comments:

Post a Comment