Saturday, December 14, 2013

1st and 2nd Graders iCardSort

Last March I wrote about my 1st and 2nd grade students using some iCardSort decks I downloaded from other teachers. Over the summer I created a bunch of iCardSort decks, primarily related to ELA skills. I have been replacing worksheet practice of these skills with iCardSort decks. Topics include such things as fact or opinion, alphabetical order, spelling rules and verb tense.

iCardSort isn't a complete replacement for having students write these skills. For example, when students complete a verb tense deck they are looking at words and thinking about what rule to follow to convert the verb to an -ed ending (double the consonant, remove the e, etc.). However, they aren't actually DOING the rule. Despite that, I find iCardSort to be a quick way to follow up with an ELA mini lesson.

It's easy to create a deck on 1 device and then beam the deck to everyone.

Here are a couple samples.



No comments:

Post a Comment