Saturday, February 9, 2013

1st and 2nd Graders Respond to "Kid President" video

I showed the Kid President to my students twice. We had a fantastic discussion about the video and brainstormed some of the key words and phrases. Groups of 2 students then created an Educreations video responding to Kid President. I must not have explained the directions well, or students felt they had done the work in the discussion already, because in the Educreations video most of them simply re-stated the phrases they found the most relevant from the video. It will be good to think about if I share next year and make sure students understand I really want them to tell some the key phrases and explain what those phrases mean to them.

Link to Kid President video

Link to sample Educreations video

No comments:

Post a Comment