Sunday, June 3, 2012

"Who Would Win" Activity

Pairs of students read one of the Who Would Win books by Scholastic. Most of my students read grizzly bear v. polar bear. After reading they discussed the checklist at the back of the book and determined which animal would win in each category. They swapped partner and together with their new partner created the Pros and Cons template on the Tools4Students app. Prior to opening the app I asked them to talk to each other about what they had read and discovered with their initial partner. I asked them to write at the top right which animal would win. On the pro side I asked them to list reasons that the stronger animal would win. On the con side I asked them to list aspects of the weaker animal that gave it an advantage over the stronger animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment